Sunday, January 4, 2009

Instead of an album



4x6 print box
book cloth & decorative paper
holds 200+ images


My mom turned 60 in June 2008. We spent a week celebrating her birthday in Northern California. I made sure to document everything we did over the course of the week. Originally I intended to create a photo album of the images, but there were just so many that I was having a difficult time editing them down, plus I wanted to incorporate images that other people had taken. I decided to create a match style print box instead.

Customized boxes are an easy way to put a collection of images together...as easy as a shoe box (which is where most of my images wind up), but more unique and special as you would want a family heirloom to be. I was able to include many more photos in the box then if I had made a small album.

Four reasons why I love boxes:
  • The images are easy to share with others, and who cares if they get out of order!
  • Editing the images is less time consuming because you potentially can include more.
  • It is cost effective if you already have the images printed!
  • A custom box can be a beautiful and unique heirloom piece to pass on.
I am starting to have clients come to me who have images they would like to preserve or extra images that did not make it into the album. Put them in a box!

No comments: